Patients coming for evaluation at UT-STAR, formerly known as the Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) are either admitted as an inpatient or are seen at the outpatient clinic.
This is located on the 7th floor, west wing (7-west) of the Parkland Memorial Hospital. Patients are provided accommodations and meals for the duration of their stay at UT-STAR.
Parkland Memorial Hospital
5201 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75235
Parking for patients admitted to inpatient UT-STAR is in lot #1 of the Dan Danciger Research Building, Building H on the map, which connects to Parkland Memorial Hospital.
General Instructions for Inpatients
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Please bring previous medical records and copies of prior laboratory tests
- Bring all medications that you are taking and a list of the medications
- Patients who are scheduled for an oral glucose tolerance test are required to fast (no food or beverages except water) on the previous day, starting at 8 p.m.
- Bring a swimsuit if you are scheduled for underwater weighing
This is located on the 6th floor of the Charles Cameron Sprague Clinical Science Building (CS 6).
UT Southwestern has negotiated rates with area hotels. \To receive the negotiated rate, contact the hotel prior to arrival to make arrangements and inform them that you are a UT Southwestern patient.
VisitDallas.com is the official site of the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau and provides comprehensive hotel, dining, and entertainment information for the Dallas area.
The UT Southwestern Shuttle Service is a complimentary service that provides transportation to clinical facilities in the medical center from nearby areas.
If you are visiting (not patient at) CTRC, there is a visitor lot (lot 7) near the medical school.
Find your way around UT Southwestern using our campus maps.