Eligibility Criteria for Clinical Fellowship
The Division of Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases offers a two-year fellowship program for physicians (M.D. or equivalent qualification) interested in pursuing an academic career in Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases. This is an unaccredited program affiliated with the Endocrinology Fellowship program. To be eligible for the fellowship, candidates must:
- Have completed residency/postgraduate training in Internal Medicine
- Have a valid ECFMG certificate and be sponsored by ECFMG if they are graduates of a foreign medical school
- Submit their curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendations
Eligibility Criteria for Research Fellowship
- Two- to three-year postdoctoral fellowship is offered to scientists with Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degrees interested in pursuing an academic career.
- Research is being conducted in the molecular mechanisms of lipodystrophies for both the genetic and acquired varieties.
- Opportunities are available to create knock-out mice for the genes responsible for lipodystrophies and to identify additional genes for inherited lipodystrophies using positional cloning approaches.
- Prior experience in molecular biology, cell culture, and genetic analysis is desirable though not required.