How to Apply for Residency
We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) offered by the American Association of Medical Colleges. Applications are accepted through ERAS only beginning on September 1 and the deadline is December 1. Learn more about Parkland Health & Hospital System's general requirements for residents.
In addition, each candidate:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- USMLE score of 210 or more for Step 1, 2 and 3, comparable COMLEX scores of 500 or more for all three steps of NBOME.
- All steps must be passed on first attempt.
- Passing grade required for all applicant for USMLE Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) Exam or on Level 2-PE for NBOME.
- Medical school graduation within last three years.
- Recent clinical experience, defined as within one year; U.S. clinical experience preferred.
- Must be eligible for a Texas license upon the completion of residency, and the medical school MUST be listed on the Texas Medical Board’s list of medical schools with “Substantial Equivalence.”
- Must be ECFMG-certified, if applicable.