How to Apply
We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) offered by the American Association of Medical Colleges. Applications are accepted through ERAS only beginning on September 1 and the deadline is December 1. Parkland's general requirements for residents can be found here.
In addition, each candidate:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- USMLE score of 210 or more for Step 1, 2 and 3, comparable COMLEX scores of 500 or more for all three steps of NBOME.
- All steps must be passed on first attempt
- Passing grade required for all applicant for USMLE Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) Exam or on Level 2-PE for NBOME.
- Medical school graduation within last three years
- Recent clinical experience, defined as within one year, U.S. clinical experience preferred
- Must be eligible for a Texas license upon the completion of residency, and the medical school MUST be listed on the Texas Medical Board’s list of medical schools with “Substantial Equivalence.”
- Must be ECFMG certified if applicable.