Open faculty positions (if any) are listed below. You may also visit Human Resources for other career opportunities at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Research/Grant Faculty Position
UT Southwestern is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty position in the Department Family and Community Medicine, beginning as soon as the position is filled. Appointment at the rank of Associate Professor is preferred but the rank of Assistant will be considered. A Ph.D. with a strong track record in research, scholarship, and grant writing in the fields of family medicine or primary care health services, family violence, or traumatic stress, is sought. Salary for this full-time position is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Family and Community Medicine is seeking applicants for a full-time Family Medicine residency curriculum research and education role beginning as soon as the position is filled.
The Faculty Associate will provide leadership and guidance to clinical faculty in planning, implementing, and evaluating curriculum areas in innovative ways to meet both learners’ needs and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) guidelines. This position will be in charge of:
- Leading the implementation of a Moodle learning management platform for residency education
- Initiating and leading grant writing efforts for development of new curriculum models and enhancement of current Family Medicine residency curricula
- Partnering with faculty to facilitate and support research, curriculum development efforts, and grant writing activities
- Developing reliable and valid survey instruments to evaluate all curriculum efforts in the Department
- Providing in-depth training and research consultations to residents and faculty
- Participating in monthly journal club sessions and providing research methods, critical appraisal, and statistical education to residents and faculty
- Applying concepts from educational theories to curriculum to best meet residents’ learning needs
- Initiating and leading writing efforts to disseminate research by peer-reviewed publication
- Mentoring and teaching residents on completing education-based research and scholarly activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate in education, public health, or related field (Ph.D. in Education preferred)
- Strong track record in research and scholarship in the fields of education and health services research
- Experience with web-based curriculum creation and implementation (“Black Board” or “Moodle” platforms preferred)
- Evidence in written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Commitment to lifelong learning and continuous professional development
- Ability to work creatively within a rapidly changing environment
- A history of successful external research funding (NIH, HRSA, AHRQ) is preferred
- Experience working in residency training or medical school environment is preferred
How to apply
The position is a non-tenure appointment and is available immediately. Salary for this full-time position is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references to:
Amer Shakil, M.D.
Professor and Interim Chair
Department of Family and Community Medicine
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5959 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9194
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.