You Are In: Now What?
Congratulations! You have been offered admission to the UT Southwestern Medical School. Our Admissions Committee took into account your academic and personal qualities and accomplishments and considers you a valuable contributing member of the Class of 2022 and an excellent future physician.
Now what? Let’s talk about what UT Southwestern Medical School can offer you as a future physician.
But first – a note on how we’ll stay in touch with you and keep you updated every step of the way…through the offer process, the acceptance process, and the onboarding process. This webpage, along with email communications from UT Southwestern, will be station central for just-in-time information about what to expect for you transition into the UT Southwestern Medical School. We will update this page with dates, links, and to-do items as you progress toward enrolling at UT Southwestern next fall, and we will let you know when we do.
So let’s get started.
Welcome to Our World. Come Add to Its Richness.
UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas has been preparing the physicians of tomorrow and building foundations for successful careers in medicine for 75 years.
We consistently rank among the best programs in the country. U.S. News & World Report ranked UT Southwestern Medical School among the top 10 in primary care and among the top 25 in research in the country. UT Southwestern is one of only eight schools in the nation to achieve those levels of ranking in each category.
Consider our advantages:
Excellent clinical training.
- Top 10 ranking in primary care and top 25 in research by U.S. News & World Report
- Dynamic new curriculum, rich in clinical experiences and electives from the first year on
- New, 28,000-square-foot Simulation Center – one of the largest in the nation
- Unsurpassed training facilities that include two University Hospitals, one of the nation’s busiest public hospitals, and a children’s hospital
Exceptional preparation for top residency programs.
- Our graduates routinely secure residencies in top-rated national programs
Abundant research opportunities.
- More than 5,800 research protocols, fueled by more than $427 million in funding
- More NAS members (22) and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators (14) on faculty than all other medical institutions in Texas combined
Make your future in medicine here.
The future of medicine, today – UT Southwestern.
Mark Your Calendar
- MS0 Weekend: February 15, 16, and 17, 2018
- School Starts: August 6, 2018
- Orientation Program: August 6-9, 2018
- PRE+OP (weekend retreat): August 10-11, 2018
- White Coat Ceremony: October 2018
Make Plans to Attend Our Second Look Weekend, MS0
MS0 Weekend is a weekend held in the spring of each year, when we invite the newly accepted medical students to campus to convince you UT Southwestern is the right school for you. Student activities on MS0 Weekend include information about campus life, research and global health opportunities, small group meetings, information on where you might live, and a tour of the exciting Dallas Arts District.
The weekend also provides a great chance to meet new classmates and see a performing arts showcase of UT Southwestern’s rich, multicultural environment. There are opportunities to stay with a current student to enrich the weekend further. Details will follow shortly.
Apply for Student Financial Aid Using FAFSA
The sooner the better.
- Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- UT Southwestern’s Financial Aid FAQs
- Information about Financing your Medical Education
- File as early as possible. The earlier you file the FAFSA, the better chance you have of being considered for all types of aid.
- Questions: the Student Financial Aid office is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Office is located in M2.200 (adjacent to the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center), and can be contacted by phone (214-648-3611) or by email@example.com.