At UT Southwestern Medical Center, we offer a world-class medical education that’s based on a strong background in the basic sciences, early clinical experiences, and an unsurpassed program of hands-on clinical training at some of the nation's best hospitals.
Our curriculum will challenge and inspire you—and prepare you for the future of medicine, today.
"UT Southwestern provided me with so many first-hand experiences to prepare me as a physician. The integrated curriculum is well designed, the faculty mentors are approachable and incredibly resourceful, and Parkland will always hold a special place in my heart."
—Jessica Nguyen-Trong, M.D., Class of 2009
An education at UT Southwestern is not just classrooms and clinics. We also offer students:
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally with our engaging Academic Colleges program
- An expanding program to gain international experience and explore global health issues
- Extensive research opportunities to play a role in the advancement of medicine
- A chance to earn additional advanced degrees
You'll be taught by an outstanding faculty comprised of nationally known educators, clinicians, and scientists, including:
- Nobel Prize winners
- Members of the National Academy of Sciences
- Members of the Institute of Medicine
Well-Developed Support Services
You'll receive plenty of support throughout your education at UT Southwestern. We want our students to succeed—in the classroom, in the clinics, and in life.
- A well-developed Student Academic Assistance Office is staffed by educators and psychologists trained in learning skills and learning disabilities.
- The Office of Student Affairs houses deans that offer career advice and counseling.
- An on-campus Student Health Clinic handles both physical and mental health issues.
- The Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center is a hub for physical fitness and a great place to enjoy a sense of campus community.
In addition, various mental health outreach programs and other school-related activities help ensure students are achieving proper balance and wellness in their lives.