At UT Southwestern Medical Center, we offer a world-class medical education that’s based on a strong background in the basic sciences, early clinical experiences, and an unsurpassed program of hands-on clinical training at some of the nation's best hospitals.
Our curriculum will challenge and inspire you – and prepare you for the future of medicine, today.
An education at UT Southwestern is not just classrooms and clinics. We also offer students:
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally with our engaging Academic Colleges program
- An expanding program to gain international experience and explore global health issues
- Extensive research opportunities to play a role in the advancement of medicine
- A chance to earn additional advanced degrees
You'll be taught by an outstanding faculty comprised of nationally known educators, clinicians, and scientists, including:
- Nobel Laureates
- Members of the National Academy of Sciences
- Members of the National Academy of Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine)
Well-Developed Support Services
You'll receive plenty of support throughout your education at UT Southwestern. We want our students to succeed – in the classroom, in the clinics, and in life.
- The Student Academic Support Services Office is staffed by educators and psychologists trained in learning skills and learning disabilities.
- The Office of Student Affairs provides career advice and counseling.
- An on-campus Student Health Clinic handles physical and mental health issues.
- The Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center is a hub for physical fitness and a great place to enjoy a sense of campus community.
In addition, various mental health outreach programs and other school-related activities help ensure students are achieving proper balance and wellness in their lives.