Benefits for Postdoctoral Scholars
- Base pay for postdoctoral scholars is set by the Dean of the Graduate School and is competitive by following the guidelines currently stipulated by the National Institutes of Health.
- Postdoctoral scholars paid by UT Southwestern are afforded medical insurance provided by the University of Texas System. Plans with additional medical coverage for family members, dental insurance, and vision insurance are available.
- Postdoctoral scholars paid full time by UT Southwestern receive retirement benefits.
- Additional benefits available include on-site childcare, free membership at the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center, free student computing services and software downloads, and discounts on public transit passes and parking rates.
- The Graduate Career Development Office offers career development seminars as well as personal appointments to help you identify and develop the practical skills required for a range of science careers, to prepare you for the academic job search, to help you explore occupations and industries beyond academic research, and to help you assess and reflect upon personal factors including your values, strengths, and skills in order to assist you in choosing a career path.