The resources below specifically pertain to supporting women in leadership, as well as science, medicine, and research.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
Helps doctors help patients by uniting physicians nationwide to work on the most important professional and public health issues. The AMA's plan emphasizes three core areas of focus:
- Improving health outcomes
- Accelerating change in medical education
- Enhancing physician satisfaction and practice sustainability by shaping delivery and payment models
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
Functions at the local, national, and international level to advance women in medicine and improve women's health. We achieve this by providing and developing leadership, advocacy, education, expertise, mentoring, and strategic alliances.
- Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS)
A component of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Serves as a national forum to advance women’s success in medicine and science by addressing gender equity, recruitment and retention, awards, and recognition.
Online community for women physicians, residents, medical students, premeds, and nurses.
- The PHDMom
Online community for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate parents. The community supports policies, programs, and services to help these parents pursue their academic goals while meeting family obligations.