Bright Horizons Back-Up Care
UT Southwestern offers back-up child, adult, and senior care to all full-time benefits-eligible employees through Bright Horizons.
The Back-Up Care Advantage Program provides low-cost care options whenever you experience a temporary breakdown in your normal care plans and need to be at work. Back-up care is provided for family members of all ages, from infants through elders, including adults and children with special needs.
Back-Up Care Options
- Center-based child care
- In-home well and mildly ill child care
- In-home adult/elder care
- Medical care is not provided.
The Back-Up Care Advantage Program is offered to full-time, benefits-eligible UT Southwestern employees. Eligible employees can use the program 10 times per fiscal year (September–August). A use is any period of time in a day that back-up care is provided.
Back-up Care Costs
- Center-based care for one child: $25/day
- “Family care” center-based care (2–3 children): $45/day; counts as only one use for the employee.
- In-home care (Up to 3 people per caregiver, 4-hour minimum and 10-hour maximum per day. Counts as one benefit use.): $8 per hour