Faculty Development Resources
The Office of Women’s Careers, in conjunction with the Office of Faculty Diversity & Development (FDD), offers a number of programs and resources for UT Southwestern faculty.
Our site also serves as a guide to other helpful resources for current and prospective faculty members to explore:
- Faculty Leadership Training
- Career Development
- Mentoring – This resource at Boston Children’s Hospital provides useful checklists and guidelines for mentors and junior faculty members, including a developmental network exercise for junior faculty to assess the strength, balance and diversity of their support system.
- Mentoring Women Faculty - Recommended Reading Resources
- Women's Faculty Networking Lunches
- Successfully Obtaining an R (SOAR) Grant Program
- Promotion and Tenure
- New Faculty Research Forum
- Funding and Award Opportunities
- Negotiation – The Office of Faculty Diversity and Development and the Office of Women’s Careers presented the “Learn to Negotiate” Series on October 4, 2013, to assist all faculty members. Sessions addressed “The Art of Negotiation in an Academic Medical Center” and “Gender Influence in Negotiation.” Watch the videos and view the slides. (You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN.)
- UTSW Faculty Corner (You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN.)
- UTSW Policy Library – In order to better serve our faculty, UT Southwestern offers an extensive policy library of regulations and practices. There are policies that pertain to faculty, ethics and standards of behavior, which include sexual harassment policies, and administration. (The policies are available on MyUTSW, the campus intranet. You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN to view these pages.)