Success Stories: Start-Ups
- Myogen – Gilead acquired the company for $2.4 billion.
- Light Biology – Roche Diagnostics acquired the company for $2.43 million.
- MacroGenics – A public company developing antibody based biologics that has raised $160 million and announced recent alliances with Boehringer Ingelheim and Pfizer.
- Starr Frame LLC – A privately held company funded by angel investors whose product offerings allow for minimally invasive surgical repair of orthopaedic trauma.
- Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A privately held biopharmaceutical company whose lead compounds currently in late stage clinical trials for chronic kidney disease are powerful modulators of the inflammation and oxidative stress. Reata has raised more than $215 million in investment capital and has completed marketing deals with major pharmaceutical companies in Asia, Europe, and other locations outside the U.S. for more than $700 million while retaining all North American rights.
- miRagen Therapeutics – A privately held company founded in 2007 to develop microRNA based therapeutics for cardiovascular and muscle disease that has raised $12 million in venture financing.
For more information, contact Technology Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.