Checklist for H-1B Visas
(New, Extension, or Transfer)
- Forward link for this checklist page to prospective H-1B employee, who must provide Items Needed from Applicant
- Scan and email items 1-3 to the appropriate International Affairs advisor as soon as possible
- Deliver remaining documents with copy of checklist on top to NL 3.252 as soon as completed
(scanned copies are acceptable for all items except checks)
- Contact the appropriate International Affairs advisor with any questions
Items Needed from Department
2. ____ Export Controls Questionnaire (Download form)
3. ____ Internal Wage Documentation (Select appropriate option for type of position)
____ Postdoc Spreadsheet including the beneficiary of the H-1B visa
____ Contract letter for offered period of clinical training indicating PGY level and salary
6B. ____ Documentation of passage of USMLE Steps I, II, and III
6C. ____ ECMFG Certificate (serves as credential equivalency evaluation)
Contact International Affairs with questions and to discuss any international travel plans.
10. ____ Immigration History Form for H-1B Application
11. ____ Curriculum Vitae
12. ____ Copy of final degree, with English translation
13. ____ Degree equivalency evaluation, if foreign degree.
15. ____ Copies of all U.S. immigration status documents, if any (e.g. I-94, I-20, DS-2019, I-797)
16. ____ Waiver of two year home residency requirement(if applicable)
17. ____ If currently in H-1B status, copies of paycheck summaries for previous 3 months
For Applicants with Dependents in the U.S.
18. ____ Copies of dependents' biographic, visa and validity pages, I-94 forms, and I-20, DS-2019, and/or I-797 forms.
19. ____ I-539 Form from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, completed and signed by the primary dependent (usually a spouse) with supplement completed for all other dependents.
20. ____ Fee (See H-1B Fees)