Checklist for New J-1 Sponsored by UTSW for Clinical Observation
Please review policy for J-1 visa sponsorship of clinical observers.
Items Needed from Visitor
- J-1 Application Form. Exchange visitor must complete and submit this online application.
- Clinical Observation Application to be filled out by Clinical Observer.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of degree or letter from Dean of university stating that all degree requirements have been met.
- English copy of the health/repatriation insurance from home country declarations page with the coverage amounts converted to U.S. dollars. Otherwise, the visitor must purchase insurance in the U.S. See Mandatory Health Insurance requirements.
- Original funding document, in English, showing dollar amount and dates of funding.
Items Needed from Department
- J-1 Visa Departmental Application. This application is a document that the Exchange Visitor's UTSW department will submit to request issuance of a J-1 visa document for the clinical observer
- Clinical Sponsorship Agreement–GME Completed and signed by mentor (International Affairs will request signature of Director of Graduate Medical Education)
- Clinical Sponsorship Agreement–Hospital Completed and signed by mentor (International Affairs will obtain signature of appropriate hospital authority)